MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING, between:
- NCBI, Head Office, Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
- Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind, National Headquarters and Training Centre, Model Farm Road, Cork
- ChildVision, Grace Park Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
- Fighting Blindness, 1 Christchurch Hall, High Street, Dublin 8
regarding the formation of the VISION IMPAIRED SERVICE PROVIDERS ALLIANCE (VISPA)
This Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) establishes an agreed framework for NCBI, Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind, ChildVisionand Fighting Blindness (the members) to establish a relationship to collaborate and cooperate in the formation and work of the Vision Impaired Service Providers Alliance (VISPA).
For the purpose of the MoU VISPA will be established on 1 January 2008.
In signing up to this MoU, the members agree to work in a cohesive and effective manner.
VISPA’s statement of purpose is to “be a cohesive voice advocating for increased understanding and awareness of needs and services”.
VISPA’s six core objectives are to:
- Enhance, facilitate and support complementary approach to service delivery.
- 2. Generate greater awareness of issues at the public and political levels.
- 3. Agree, maintain and share up-to-date statistics.
- 4. Enhance efficiency and effectiveness for service users by providing a clearer understanding of the range of services available.
- 5. Achieve greater understanding of each other and encourage interaction at all levels.
- 6. Enhance collaboration in the pursuit of VISPA’s Statement of Purpose.